Come join us for the first meeting of the 2018 year. We’re starting off the year with a bang with two wonderful presentations. Be sure and join us if you can.
Analyzing Data Streams
Presented by Jeremy Bante
We’re working with larger volumes of data every year, and users increasingly expect real-time feedback on how their operations are doing. This problem is not unique to the FileMaker community. The solution is to use algorithms designed to work on data streams — the algorithm only gets to look at each record once, and only remembers a small summary of what it’s already seen. Methods fitting within these constraints make several analytical tasks more practical to perform natively in FileMaker apps.
FileMaker + Zapier = Simple but Intense Automation
Ken d’Oronzio of Paradise Partners and soSIMPLE Software will show some really cool tricks using Zapier and FileMaker 16’s new Data API. He showed this during his DevCon presentation “Automate the REST”. Using these two connected services and the free fmGateway app from soSIMPLE Software (http://sosimplesoftware.com/z
apier), you can easily hook your FileMaker solution up to hundreds of web services without any coding.
- new leads from your website can be automatically collected into your database
- ecommerce orders can be imported automatically
- SMS updates can be sent automatically to alert clients in changes to their order
- customers can be automatically subscribed to your newsletter
- invoices can be sent via PayPal or Invoice Ninja (http://invoiceninja.com/)
- updates can be sent to Slack and vice-versa
The options are only limited by the number of apps available on the Zapier web site – and there are hundreds of them.